Skip to main content

Feliz Cumpleaños: 2016

As most of you probably know, my birthday was last week. We had to rearrange the celebration a little for certain activities that could not be re-planned, but everything still went very well, and I had a lot of fun. For my birthday, I got three gifts. The first was a red tablet case from Braden for my Kindle Fire tablet. This will help if I ever drop it, since before, I had no case and could have easily cracked it with just a small fall. Here are a few pics of the tablet with its case.
Click the image to enlarge.
The second gift was a white shirt from August. For this gift, August said I could pick a
simple design to put on the shirt. Then, when he has extra time at work (he works at National Industrial Printing), August will embroider the design I chose onto the shirt. This is the design I chose, but with different colors:
Image result for tribal dolphin silhouette
The last gift was from Mom and Dad, and it is what I am going to focus on more in this post. They got me a "Monoprice Pen Tablet." Basically, it is a drawing pad for the computer. It comes with a special pen for drawing. Here is a picture of one, to help you know what I am talking about.
Image result for Monoprice pen tablet 13653 on table
Click the image to enlarge.
     So, the pen tablet is basically a touchscreen, but it only picks up the pen's signal. (The pen has a battery, and is electronic.) Thus, you can draw on the tablet with your hand resting on the touchscreen part, but only where the pen touches will be picked up by the computer. This pen tablet will be extremely helpful in practicing for being a graphic designer. I could draw on the computer before, using the mouse, but now I am drawing much more accurately because it is like I am drawing on paper. I have even figured out that I can trace something, either on the computer or printed/written on paper. When I was playing with the pen tablet, still figuring out what it can do, I had Mom write down her signature on a piece of paper. Then, I went back and slowly traced it with the pen. I won't post a picture (for security reasons), but it turned out almost exactly the same! So, maybe in a future post, I can have a little game to see if you can tell the difference between the real writing, and a trace!
     Also, I can trace items still on the computer screen by using a downloaded software that comes with the pen tablet, PenWalker. Using this, and a very simple dragon design, I can do this:
Click the image to enlarge. Traced image.
Once my hand gets steadier and I am more used to using this new tablet, I will be able to start practicing my drawing skills on the computer. Right now, this is what I can do free-hand:
Click the image to enlarge. Free-hand drawing.
     All in all, I think this is a very cool new toy for me to work with. Hopefully, with some practice, my drawing will improve and I can make some cool pics to share. I hope you liked this post, and feel free to leave any comments in the comment section below or on Facebook.

Comments

  1. Are you gonna post a picture of the embroidered shirt when it's done?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With Apologies to Robert Frost

I have a class for school called Speech. This is supposed to help me learn how to stand properly while speaking, pronounce words properly, and so on. The most recent section is on how to give meaning and feeling to a  poem when reading one out loud. My teacher, Mrs. Autrey, has been reciting poems to us as examples, and she uses a variety such as happy poems, sad poems, thoughtful and so on. One of them that caught my attention was a funny remake of the famous poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.   The original is one of my favorite poems, and I have always loved the other poetic works of Robert Frost. Here is the original poem: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening By Robert Frost   Whose woods these are I think I know.    His house is in the village though;    He will not see me stopping here    To watch his woods fill up with snow.    My little horse must think it queer   

Annual Church Picnic 2015

Sorry this post is coming out so late in the day; I am still new to a lot of features on Picasa and spent a lot of time playing with some features on it to make this video. This is just some of the pictures from a church picnic we had on Saturday. If you would like to see the rest of the photos, feel free to check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Iglesia-Bautista-Esperanza-115354441878939/timeline/ .

Monday Munchies: Peanut Butter Blossoms

Today's recipe has a little more work involved than some of my recipes I've shared, but the result is worth the effort. The ingredients for these cookies are as follows: