Skip to main content

Monday Munchies: Homemade Brownies

Today I have a brownie recipe, but not just a packaged brownie. My Mom received some special cocoa from Braden, and we decided to use it to make homemade brownies.
Click the image to enlarge.
While it might be easier to simply make a packaged brownie mix, this recipe is actually very simple, and I believe it has a more chewy texture and sweeter flavor. We used a special cocoa powder for this, as I said above, and it had sugar mixed in. Here is a picture:

Click the image to enlarge.
The recipe we used was on the back, and it does specifically require sweetened cocoa, not unsweetened. So, here are the ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup sweetened cocoa
  • 2/3 cup flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup margarine, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
It is also optional to add these in:
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Now, the first step, as always, is to preheat the oven, this time to 350ºF. Also, you should prepare a 9x9 pan for baking the brownies. My Mom has found them to come out easiest when the pan is covered with aluminum foil, then coated with spray margarine.
Click the image to enlarge.
Next:
Click the image to enlarge.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, margarine, and vanilla.
Click the image to enlarge.
Click the image to enlarge.
The brownie is ready to bake! Stick it in the oven for about 20 - 30 minutes, or until slightly cracked on top. After the brownie is cooled, you can lift the brownie up out of the pan by the aluminum paper. Then you can peel the aluminum foil off and cut the brownie as you like; we have also found that plastic utensils work best for cutting brownies.
Click the image to enlarge.
Click the image to enlarge.
Enjoy!
I hope you liked the recipe, and feel free to leave any comments below or on Facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With Apologies to Robert Frost

I have a class for school called Speech. This is supposed to help me learn how to stand properly while speaking, pronounce words properly, and so on. The most recent section is on how to give meaning and feeling to a  poem when reading one out loud. My teacher, Mrs. Autrey, has been reciting poems to us as examples, and she uses a variety such as happy poems, sad poems, thoughtful and so on. One of them that caught my attention was a funny remake of the famous poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.   The original is one of my favorite poems, and I have always loved the other poetic works of Robert Frost. Here is the original poem: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening By Robert Frost   Whose woods these are I think I know.    His house is in the village though;    He will not see me stopping here    To watch his woods fill up with snow.    My little horse must think it queer   

Annual Church Picnic 2015

Sorry this post is coming out so late in the day; I am still new to a lot of features on Picasa and spent a lot of time playing with some features on it to make this video. This is just some of the pictures from a church picnic we had on Saturday. If you would like to see the rest of the photos, feel free to check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Iglesia-Bautista-Esperanza-115354441878939/timeline/ .

Monday Munchies: Peanut Butter Blossoms

Today's recipe has a little more work involved than some of my recipes I've shared, but the result is worth the effort. The ingredients for these cookies are as follows: