Skip to main content

With Apologies to Robert Frost

I have a class for school called Speech. This is supposed to help me learn how to stand properly while speaking, pronounce words properly, and so on. The most recent section is on how to give meaning and feeling to a  poem when reading one out loud. My teacher, Mrs. Autrey, has been reciting poems to us as examples, and she uses a variety such as happy poems, sad poems, thoughtful and so on. One of them that caught my attention was a funny remake of the famous poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.
 Image result for stopping by woods on a snowy evening
The original is one of my favorite poems, and I have always loved the other poetic works of Robert Frost. Here is the original poem:


Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
Whose woods these are I think I know.   
His house is in the village though;   
He will not see me stopping here   
To watch his woods fill up with snow.   

My little horse must think it queer   
To stop without a farmhouse near   
Between the woods and frozen lake   
The darkest evening of the year.   

He gives his harness bells a shake   
To ask if there is some mistake.   
The only other sound’s the sweep   
Of easy wind and downy flake.   

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.

Now, here is the remake of the poem as I heard it in my Speech class. The author is unknown.
Stopping by the Bakery on a Hungry Evening
(with apologies to Robert Frost)

Whose cakes these are,
I think I know.
His condo is in the city though.
He will not see me stop to stare
At every croissant and eclair.

My running shoes must think it queer,
To pause with all these pastries here.
My diet has barely started! Still,
I feel a weakening of my will!

The cashier says, "What would you like?"
Forgive me exercising bike!
"Cream puffs, I think, box up twenty.
Wait...one doughnut hole is plenty."
Oh, whipped cream's luscious white and deep.
But I have diet vows to keep!
And miles to jog before I sleep,
And miles to jog before I sleep.  

I hope you liked this funny rendition of a famous poem someone came up with. If you enjoyed this post, feel free to leave a comment below or on Facebook.

Comments

  1. Melissa A. FreemanMarch 28, 2017 at 6:32 PM

    Ha! Now I want to visit La Reynera! MMMMMMM........¡ochos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annual Church Picnic 2015

Sorry this post is coming out so late in the day; I am still new to a lot of features on Picasa and spent a lot of time playing with some features on it to make this video. This is just some of the pictures from a church picnic we had on Saturday. If you would like to see the rest of the photos, feel free to check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Iglesia-Bautista-Esperanza-115354441878939/timeline/ .

Monday Munchies: Peanut Butter Blossoms

Today's recipe has a little more work involved than some of my recipes I've shared, but the result is worth the effort. The ingredients for these cookies are as follows: