Skip to main content

Monday Munchies: Choco Flan

Today I have a new and unique recipe special to try for Easter.
This actually is quite a simple recipe, despite how hard it might look from pictures. It has relatively few ingredients, and the cake is actually a boxed chocolate fudge cake mix. Here are the ingredients for the cake:


  • 1 jar (12.25 ounces) caramel topping
  • 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs 

  • And for the flan:
    • 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
    • 1 cup milk
    • 4 eggs
    You will also need a blender, a fluted cake pan, and a large roasting pan for this recipe (large enough to hold the cake pan inside it.) Now, to start the recipe, pre-heat the oven to 350º F. Grease a 12-cup fluted cake pan, or tube cake pan with butter. Now, follow these instructions:








    And there you go; it is that simple! This is a simple and delicious recipe that is sure to impress any guests you might have. Be sure to store any leftovers in the fridge! I hope you enjoyed this recipe post, and feel free to leave a comment below or on Facebook.

Comments

  1. Quite a yummy treat. Not overly sweet, but still very tasty. And, it looks impressive! If you've never had it, you really should try it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Meatloaf

So, on Saturday I gave you a simple baked potato recipe that goes great with a lot of dishes. One recipe that we tried it with was Alton's meatloaf recipe. Click the image to enlarge. There are so many types of meatloaf recipes out there, handed down from generations, that there is no "right way" to make a meatloaf. This is the recipe Alton Brown gave in his cooking guide in the roasting section. Here are the ingredients you will need:

Saturday Sweetly

Every Saturday there is the task of cooking the yummies for the weekend. Sometimes it will be a savory meal, like pasta salad, and sometimes it will be the sweets, like cheesecake or pies. However, every week I try to find time to help Mom cook in the kitchen, at least for an hour or so. I helped her today with the sweets for the weekend, and every Saturday I help I will share the recipe(s) of the day. Today, we made a peach pie with a crumble topping, and some home made zucchini quick bread. We started with the pie, because it could cook while we prepared the bread. For the pie all you need is a pie shell and peach pie filling, and for the crumble topping all you need is one stick of butter (1/2 cup), a package of graham crackers, and 1/2 cup of sugar. You can either place the pie filling in the pie, then work on the crumble, or vice versa. Just make sure to preheat your oven to 425ºF. (We made the crumble first.) To make the crumble, you Read More...

Saturday Sweetly:Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Cookie Bars

Today, I am going to share with you a simple cookie recipe that I love, even with the raisins in it! Click to Enlarge I am normally not a huge fan of raisin cookies (even if my Mom makes the best in