Skip to main content

A Day In the Life of Me: 10 Years from Now

I have another literary piece from school today, but this time it is a paper that I had to write for English class. My teacher gave the assignment to write a short composition, one paragraph, on what I think my life will be like in the future. I was to write it from a specific point of view, but not state outright what I was trying to imply. Thus, I would need to write hints at what job I have, but not state "I am a..."  Because I am thinking of studying to be a graphic designer, I was to think about what life as a graphic designer might entail for me.
So, without further ado, here is a day in the life of me:

           
I am walking through my house in my pajamas, sipping a steaming cup of tea. Wafting from the mug is the sharp aroma of cinnamon and fragrant herbs. While trying to avoid smacking into walls and furniture, I squint at the phone screen in front of me incredulously. Yet another email from Percy Hogan with even more changes to a project that should have been done days ago. He says the designs I make are "wonderful" and "more than expected", but there are always more changes the following day. Trying to put him out of mind, I walk to the kitchen and grab the bagels from the toaster where they were heating. While spreading cheese on top, I hear the "click clack click" of my dog scrambling down the stairs to beg for food. I take the plate and tea and head to my laptop in the living room, my "office." There is a desk in the corner, but for now I just grab the laptop off the pile of papers it was on and head to the couch. Pushing my dog out of my spot, I settle into a corner of the couch, adjusting pillows to make a laptop rest and hold my plate. Slowly, I start to sift through the endless jumble of pictures on Google, looking for some inspiration for my latest project. I have sketched part of the design using my graphic tablet, but have hit a block with the rest. Leaving a half-eaten bagel on my plate, I lean closer to the screen to look. This will be perfect! A little cutting here and maybe some color changes there, but altogether what I need exactly. Hey! Get back here, Gigi! Don't you eat that; I said don't eat it! Bad dog! Gigi, why do you do this every day? I take the dog-slobber-covered, half-gnawed bagel and dump it in the trash, and head back to the laptop to start my day.

 Well, there you have it; that was my view of the future. I hope you enjoyed this post, and feel free to leave a comment below or on Facebook.

Comments

  1. Doesn't sound like a bad day at all! Well, except for the dog-slobber-covered, half-eaten bagel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa A. FreemanApril 3, 2017 at 1:58 PM

    But this story is so sad! You wasted a bagel? Not good, not good at all. Very sad story, Addie Grace. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With Apologies to Robert Frost

I have a class for school called Speech. This is supposed to help me learn how to stand properly while speaking, pronounce words properly, and so on. The most recent section is on how to give meaning and feeling to a  poem when reading one out loud. My teacher, Mrs. Autrey, has been reciting poems to us as examples, and she uses a variety such as happy poems, sad poems, thoughtful and so on. One of them that caught my attention was a funny remake of the famous poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.   The original is one of my favorite poems, and I have always loved the other poetic works of Robert Frost. Here is the original poem: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening By Robert Frost   Whose woods these are I think I know.    His house is in the village though;    He will not see me stopping here    To watch his woods fill up with snow.    My little horse must think it queer   

Annual Church Picnic 2015

Sorry this post is coming out so late in the day; I am still new to a lot of features on Picasa and spent a lot of time playing with some features on it to make this video. This is just some of the pictures from a church picnic we had on Saturday. If you would like to see the rest of the photos, feel free to check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Iglesia-Bautista-Esperanza-115354441878939/timeline/ .

Monday Munchies: Peanut Butter Blossoms

Today's recipe has a little more work involved than some of my recipes I've shared, but the result is worth the effort. The ingredients for these cookies are as follows: