Skip to main content

Monday Munchies: Chili

I know I usually post recipes on Saturday, but I was rather busy on Saturday with the Ladies of Esperanza meeting (see those photos here) and school and a blog post, so I switched which days I did which post. I hope that makes sense. Anyways, I have for you today another chilly day recipe, which is chili!
Click to Enlarge
This recipe is very simple, as all you have to do is gather ingredients and let them cook in a crock pot all day. The hardest part of this recipe would be browning up the
meat. Speaking of the meat, here are the ingredients needed for this recipe.

  • 2 pounds ground meat
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1 onion
  • 3 cans  (15oz each) diced tomatoes
  • 1 can (12oz)  tomato paste
  • 2 cans (15oz each) kidney beans
  • 2 packages (1.25oz each) chili spice
  • 2 cups water

Click to Enlarge
We used chili ready tomatoes, because this is chili! We also used two colors of kidney beans, for variety, but you can use any kidney bean you prefer. Now, the first step in this recipe is put the ground meat, onion, and green pepper in a pan to cook together. Once the meat is fully cooked, let it sit while you finish preparing the other ingredients.
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
And by "preparing" I mean opening all the cans up. This will give your forearm a nice workout at least! Now you can scrape the meat into the crock pot, and pour the rest of the  ingredients on top. The order of pouring them in really does not matter, because now you need to stir it all together. Once everything is inside the crock pot and stirred together, place the heat on low and let it sit there all day. Come dinner time, you will have a delicious, steaming pot of chili! Have you ever made or had an awesome chili recipe? Feel free to share it with me through Facebook or the comment section below.

Comments

  1. A nice hot bowl of chili, with cornbread of course, is a welcome sight on a cold day! I know your momma has a nice home-made chili sauce recipe too.....looking forward to her making that again some time if we can ever get enough tomatoes and peppers to grow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With Apologies to Robert Frost

I have a class for school called Speech. This is supposed to help me learn how to stand properly while speaking, pronounce words properly, and so on. The most recent section is on how to give meaning and feeling to a  poem when reading one out loud. My teacher, Mrs. Autrey, has been reciting poems to us as examples, and she uses a variety such as happy poems, sad poems, thoughtful and so on. One of them that caught my attention was a funny remake of the famous poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.   The original is one of my favorite poems, and I have always loved the other poetic works of Robert Frost. Here is the original poem: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening By Robert Frost   Whose woods these are I think I know.    His house is in the village though;    He will not see me stopping here    To watch his woods fill up with snow.    My little horse must think it queer   

Annual Church Picnic 2015

Sorry this post is coming out so late in the day; I am still new to a lot of features on Picasa and spent a lot of time playing with some features on it to make this video. This is just some of the pictures from a church picnic we had on Saturday. If you would like to see the rest of the photos, feel free to check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Iglesia-Bautista-Esperanza-115354441878939/timeline/ .

Monday Munchies: Peanut Butter Blossoms

Today's recipe has a little more work involved than some of my recipes I've shared, but the result is worth the effort. The ingredients for these cookies are as follows: