Skip to main content

My Book-Reading Hobby

Today I'm going to talk with you briefly about books. I know a lot of people don't like to read a lot, or even a little! My brother, August, is one of those type people: he can play a video game for hours, but just picking up a reading book seems to give him a headache. I, however, love books. I could read books for hours, and I sometimes do! Here's an example of some of the books I like to read.

Click To Enlarge
Not really a matching set is it? I have a wide variety of tastes, from mythology to
spy books to dragon riders and more. I also love the westerns with the daring cowboys and the mysterious Indians. So, I  would like pretty much any book you could hand me, except love stories. I mean, I have read some like Cassidy by Lori Wick and Texas Angel by Judith Pella, but I much prefer books with shootouts or daring escapes like the ones shown above. So, there you have it! This is a brief summary of the books I like. What books catch your interest, whether for a short time or hours on end?

Comments

  1. I like the classics! They have more meat to the storylines. More foreshadowing, symbolism, etc. However, I do enjoy a few contemporary authors like Suzanne Collins and Gilbert Morris. The House of Winslow series is probably my favorite contemporary book series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the House of Winslow too, especially the Western themed books! ;)

      Delete
  2. I have always loved books. I thank my 1st grade teacher, Mrs. George, for teaching me to read and love books. Also my mother for encouraging me to read well.
    You're right that some people don't like reading. Your Dad and Aunt Suzy loved reading when they were young....Uncle James, not so much. He's more of an outdoor, hands-on kind of guy. I guess we each have our strengths. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Dad is the fastest reader in the house now. Braden and I trail close behind him, though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With Apologies to Robert Frost

I have a class for school called Speech. This is supposed to help me learn how to stand properly while speaking, pronounce words properly, and so on. The most recent section is on how to give meaning and feeling to a  poem when reading one out loud. My teacher, Mrs. Autrey, has been reciting poems to us as examples, and she uses a variety such as happy poems, sad poems, thoughtful and so on. One of them that caught my attention was a funny remake of the famous poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.   The original is one of my favorite poems, and I have always loved the other poetic works of Robert Frost. Here is the original poem: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening By Robert Frost   Whose woods these are I think I know.    His house is in the village though;    He will not see me stopping here    To watch his woods fill up with snow.    My little horse must think it queer   

Annual Church Picnic 2015

Sorry this post is coming out so late in the day; I am still new to a lot of features on Picasa and spent a lot of time playing with some features on it to make this video. This is just some of the pictures from a church picnic we had on Saturday. If you would like to see the rest of the photos, feel free to check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Iglesia-Bautista-Esperanza-115354441878939/timeline/ .

Monday Munchies: Peanut Butter Blossoms

Today's recipe has a little more work involved than some of my recipes I've shared, but the result is worth the effort. The ingredients for these cookies are as follows: