Skip to main content

Saturday Savory: Baked Ziti

The recipe I have today is a family favorite that tastes like lasagna, but it much easier to make.
Click to Enlarge.
Baked ziti is very similar to lasagna, but does not require stacking up layers of
pasta and cheese. Also, it can be made ahead of time, and takes about half the time lasagna does to bake. To make this recipe, you will require what can sometimes be pricey ingredients. Here they are:

  • 16 ounces ricotta cheese
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup margarine
  • 1 egg
  • garlic to taste
  • black pepper to taste
  • 1 pound ziti pasta, cooked
  • olives (optional)
  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce (26 ounces approx.)
  • 16 ounces shredded mozzarella
The process to making this recipe is very simple, and, as I said earlier, much easier than making lasagna. Preheat the oven to 350º F, then these are the steps.
Click to Enlarge.
 Add in the garlic and pepper to the cheese mixture.
Click to Enlarge.
Stir them in, making sure there are not clumps of spices anywhere.
Click to Enlarge.
The olives in this step are optional. Click to Enlarge.
Click to Enlarge.
Click to Enlarge.
And there you go! A simple dish that tastes like lasagna, but is so much easier. Impress your guest with this quick dish that feeds a lot, too!
Have you ever had a baked pasta recipe you loved, whether you made it or someone else did? Share the experience with me! Feel free to contact me through Facebook or the comment section below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Meatloaf

So, on Saturday I gave you a simple baked potato recipe that goes great with a lot of dishes. One recipe that we tried it with was Alton's meatloaf recipe. Click the image to enlarge. There are so many types of meatloaf recipes out there, handed down from generations, that there is no "right way" to make a meatloaf. This is the recipe Alton Brown gave in his cooking guide in the roasting section. Here are the ingredients you will need:

With Apologies to Robert Frost

I have a class for school called Speech. This is supposed to help me learn how to stand properly while speaking, pronounce words properly, and so on. The most recent section is on how to give meaning and feeling to a  poem when reading one out loud. My teacher, Mrs. Autrey, has been reciting poems to us as examples, and she uses a variety such as happy poems, sad poems, thoughtful and so on. One of them that caught my attention was a funny remake of the famous poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.   The original is one of my favorite poems, and I have always loved the other poetic works of Robert Frost. Here is the original poem: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening By Robert Frost   Whose woods these are I think I know.    His house is in the village though;    He will not see me stopping here    To watch his woods fill up with sn...

Saturday Sweetly

Every Saturday there is the task of cooking the yummies for the weekend. Sometimes it will be a savory meal, like pasta salad, and sometimes it will be the sweets, like cheesecake or pies. However, every week I try to find time to help Mom cook in the kitchen, at least for an hour or so. I helped her today with the sweets for the weekend, and every Saturday I help I will share the recipe(s) of the day. Today, we made a peach pie with a crumble topping, and some home made zucchini quick bread. We started with the pie, because it could cook while we prepared the bread. For the pie all you need is a pie shell and peach pie filling, and for the crumble topping all you need is one stick of butter (1/2 cup), a package of graham crackers, and 1/2 cup of sugar. You can either place the pie filling in the pie, then work on the crumble, or vice versa. Just make sure to preheat your oven to 425ºF. (We made the crumble first.) To make the crumble, you Read More...