Skip to main content

Our Minecraft Castles 2

So, about two months ago I put out a post talking about Minecraft. If you missed that post, feel free to check it out here, especially if you do not know what Minecraft is. If you saw that post, you know that about three months ago, August and I started to build castles in Minecraft. We decided to see which of us could build the best kingdom on a super-flat world. Here is a recap of all the photos from the last post.
Click to enlarge
Remember, the blue kingdom is August and the red kingdom is me. So, we have
played around with Minecraft a little more, and I thought I would update you on our kingdoms' progress. We will start off with August's kingdom; it has a few more changes than mine does from the last post. First off, we divided the map exactly in half when we started to build our castles. To emphasis the division, August has built a ten block high wall aaaalllllllll the way across the map. (That takes a while of just holding a button and pressing forward.) He also put a movable gate on the wall, after another long bout of redstone work, but he only finished it after I had taken the photos.
Click to enlarge
Eventually, I will build a wall on my side of the division, too. The division line is the dark line of brown you can see on the ground in the above photo. Next, we have August's village. He has started to add onto it now. He has a fruit and vegetable shop, a butcher, an armor shop, and a bakery. In the front of the photo below, you can see a stable made of bricks for sheep and pigs.
Click to enlarge
This is a closer picture of the armor shop. The most expensive, and most durable, armor for sale here is 20 emeralds. Pricey, but the best armor in X-box minecraft.
Click to enlarge
 Here, we can see August's farm. It has wheat, potatoes, carrots, pumpkins, and melons. To work the farm, he has two farmer, and two mules.
Click to enlarge
 Here is a photo of the farmer tending the crops from closer up.
Click to enlarge
That is basically all the improvements August has made to his kingdom for the time being. He has also decided to remove the castle's entrance hall and design his own, but has not decided what it will look like yet.
Now onto my improvements in my evil kingdom. I have finished my arena, first off. When I left it last time, I was missing half the arena walls, a floor, and some stone-work to make it look nicer.
Click to enlarge
I have also put a mini-forest on one side of the village. In the forest is an abandoned hut, broken down and being overrun by the forest. It is basically my version of the typical "haunted house" of a town. 
Click to enlarge
 This is a closer picture of the hut. Some light filters through the forest trees, making it a touch less spooky, but it still is pretty dark near there.
Click to enlarge
 Last, but certainly not the least, I have finished the castle's walls. Now, in the original design I found on Google, the walls were octagonal shaped, or eight-sided. However, I ran out of room ( the map ends two blocks behind the back wall) so my castle walls are six-sided.
Click to enlarge
 This was a lot of repetitive work, like August's building the wall across the map, so I am glad to be done with it. Now, I have to make the actual castle, which I think is what I will work on next.
So, that is it! That is all the work we have done since I last posted, and there are some major changes coming soon. Hope you liked this post on the game that August and I play together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With Apologies to Robert Frost

I have a class for school called Speech. This is supposed to help me learn how to stand properly while speaking, pronounce words properly, and so on. The most recent section is on how to give meaning and feeling to a  poem when reading one out loud. My teacher, Mrs. Autrey, has been reciting poems to us as examples, and she uses a variety such as happy poems, sad poems, thoughtful and so on. One of them that caught my attention was a funny remake of the famous poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.   The original is one of my favorite poems, and I have always loved the other poetic works of Robert Frost. Here is the original poem: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening By Robert Frost   Whose woods these are I think I know.    His house is in the village though;    He will not see me stopping here    To watch his woods fill up with snow.    My little horse must think it queer   

Annual Church Picnic 2015

Sorry this post is coming out so late in the day; I am still new to a lot of features on Picasa and spent a lot of time playing with some features on it to make this video. This is just some of the pictures from a church picnic we had on Saturday. If you would like to see the rest of the photos, feel free to check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Iglesia-Bautista-Esperanza-115354441878939/timeline/ .

Monday Munchies: Peanut Butter Blossoms

Today's recipe has a little more work involved than some of my recipes I've shared, but the result is worth the effort. The ingredients for these cookies are as follows: