Skip to main content

Monday Munchies: Panchos

Today, I have one of my Dad's favorite recipes, something similar to a food from Taco Bell but with a different name.
This is actually very simple to make, with just a little cooking and some assembly. You will need these ingredients:


  • 1 pound ground meat
  • 1 envelope (about 1oz) of taco spice
  • 16 ounce can refried beans
  • 9 ounce bag Fritos or tortilla chips
  • 16 ounce jar of Ragu double cheddar cheese sauce
  • 1 pint sour cream
  • 1 small can of sliced black olives, drained
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 1 large tomato, chopped
The toppings, such as sour cream, olives, green onion, or tomato are all optional and can easily be removed from each individual's dish. The first step is to prepare the meat:
When the meat is browned:
Now you are half done, time to assemble!
And there it is! A simple recipe that isn't too hard to make and tastes great!
I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it, and feel free to leave a comment below or on Facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Meatloaf

So, on Saturday I gave you a simple baked potato recipe that goes great with a lot of dishes. One recipe that we tried it with was Alton's meatloaf recipe. Click the image to enlarge. There are so many types of meatloaf recipes out there, handed down from generations, that there is no "right way" to make a meatloaf. This is the recipe Alton Brown gave in his cooking guide in the roasting section. Here are the ingredients you will need:

Saturday Sweetly

Every Saturday there is the task of cooking the yummies for the weekend. Sometimes it will be a savory meal, like pasta salad, and sometimes it will be the sweets, like cheesecake or pies. However, every week I try to find time to help Mom cook in the kitchen, at least for an hour or so. I helped her today with the sweets for the weekend, and every Saturday I help I will share the recipe(s) of the day. Today, we made a peach pie with a crumble topping, and some home made zucchini quick bread. We started with the pie, because it could cook while we prepared the bread. For the pie all you need is a pie shell and peach pie filling, and for the crumble topping all you need is one stick of butter (1/2 cup), a package of graham crackers, and 1/2 cup of sugar. You can either place the pie filling in the pie, then work on the crumble, or vice versa. Just make sure to preheat your oven to 425ºF. (We made the crumble first.) To make the crumble, you Read More...

Saturday Sweetly:Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Cookie Bars

Today, I am going to share with you a simple cookie recipe that I love, even with the raisins in it! Click to Enlarge I am normally not a huge fan of raisin cookies (even if my Mom makes the best in