Skip to main content

The Clock is Ticking/ Start Strong Finish Strong

I must admit, I am actually rather nervous about the days ahead. Today is May 1, and I have exactly two weeks and one day until the end of high school, forever! Following my numbered school schedule, I am set to have my last day of school on May 16, and it is kind of scary.
May 16 is my last day. Click to enlarge
I've never done this before! I mean, sure, I have finished a school year many times (11 times to be exact!); but, this is the last one. I will not watch another video lesson after May 16. It makes you kind of stop and think, what's next? For me, it is uncharted territory; luckily, however, I have great guides including my parents and both my brothers, who have obviously already graduated as they are older than me. I thought I would look around and see if I could find some other people who share my view that school is coming to a quick end, and I found some great posts on the PCC Campus Blog. Now, I realize that college and high school are different, but you still have the same apprehensions no matter at what school you are studying, so here are two posts I found that I like.

The Clock is Ticking
Have you ever watched the sunrise on the beach? I have witnessed the sun rising plenty of times, but I rarely take the time to watch that giant fiery ball wake up the world. But last week, my mom took my sister, friend and me to Pensacola Beach at 6:30 in the morning to take a relaxing walk on the beach and watch the day begin.
I'll be the first to admit the waking up at 5:30 part was awful. My tired brain was coaxing, "Sam, this is not worth it. Go back to bed." I fought the temptation with thoughts of coffee, grabbed my phone and sunglasses, and trooped out of the door.
As soon as we started the drive, the pale horizon began to melt into the darkness of the sky, with only enough light to change everything into sharp silhouettes. We parked, kicked off our shoes, and jumped onto.... the ice cold sand! Before the sun warmed it up, it really felt like snow on our bare feet. Teeth chattering, we began to walk toward the pier, facing the pinkish glow in the east.
We were busy admiring shells and watching the sea gulls when all of a sudden, the bright red sun began to show itself over the gulf. I quickly pulled out my phone for pictures, but the camera couldn't do it justice. I stood there, awed by the fact that I could literally watch it growing bigger and bigger, moving higher every second. My friend remarked how funny it was that the sun moved at the same speed throughout the day, but we never even notice it.
Our time here is just like the sunrise. Sometimes it seems like it's flying (we must be having fun:), but other times it just slowly ticks the day away. Our fickle thoughts go from "When will this be over!" to "Where has the time gone?" in the matter of a moment. The Bible says, "So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."
By simply watching the sunrise at the beach, I was reminded to use my time wisely since it never stops. At PCC, we are over halfway through with this semester, and we need time for papers, projects, and everything else. Many of us are already "number[ing] our days" until summer break. Those days are coming, I promise! But right now, use your time wisely to get those projects done and to finish the semester strong!
by Samantha
http://www.pensacolachristiancollegeblog.com/2017/04/21/the-clock-is-ticking/

Start Strong Finish Strong
 A staff member recently showed me a verse that pretty much sums up the student body’s struggle the last few days of the semester.
Proverbs 12:27 says, "The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious."
Both men in this verse took the effort to get their hunting gear together and to go out to get the animal, but only one of them was able to enjoy the benefit of his hard work. The slothful man did work hard at first, but when it came down to finishing the task, he fell short. The diligent man followed through with his task and was able to enjoy a delicious meal!
The semester is almost over. We have worked hard to get good grades up to this point, but now thoughts of summer are creeping into our minds. The thought of relaxing and only waking up to the sound of someone cutting their grass sounds too good to be true.
While we are tempted to just coast through the rest of the semester, remember Proverbs 12:27 when you are tempted to take a short cut.
by Aspen
http://www.pensacolachristiancollegeblog.com/2017/04/29/start-strong-finish-strong/

Comments

  1. Melissa A. FreemanMay 1, 2017 at 12:13 PM

    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is a series of new beginnings. The end of your high school experience is but the beginning of your next phase. It can be scary but it's also exciting. We know you'll continue to do great!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With Apologies to Robert Frost

I have a class for school called Speech. This is supposed to help me learn how to stand properly while speaking, pronounce words properly, and so on. The most recent section is on how to give meaning and feeling to a  poem when reading one out loud. My teacher, Mrs. Autrey, has been reciting poems to us as examples, and she uses a variety such as happy poems, sad poems, thoughtful and so on. One of them that caught my attention was a funny remake of the famous poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.   The original is one of my favorite poems, and I have always loved the other poetic works of Robert Frost. Here is the original poem: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening By Robert Frost   Whose woods these are I think I know.    His house is in the village though;    He will not see me stopping here    To watch his woods fill up with snow.    My little horse must think it queer   

Annual Church Picnic 2015

Sorry this post is coming out so late in the day; I am still new to a lot of features on Picasa and spent a lot of time playing with some features on it to make this video. This is just some of the pictures from a church picnic we had on Saturday. If you would like to see the rest of the photos, feel free to check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Iglesia-Bautista-Esperanza-115354441878939/timeline/ .

Monday Munchies: Peanut Butter Blossoms

Today's recipe has a little more work involved than some of my recipes I've shared, but the result is worth the effort. The ingredients for these cookies are as follows: