Skip to main content

Tuesday Tasty: S'mores Dip

I stated in my post yesterday that I would write about a tradition we have for Fourth of July. Our tradition is very similar to many other  people's tradition, with a slight twist.
That's right, we make s'mores. But not just any s'mores, we recently started making a recipe called s'mores dip. I thought that I would share this very simple recipe with you. For this recipe, you will need:
  • 1 bag or more chocolate chip morsels
  • marshmallows
  • graham crackers
To begin making this, start your oven on its "broil" setting and move the rack to the top notch. Meanwhile, do this:

     Once the marshmallows are placed, put the skillet on the top rack of the oven and let it broil for a few minutes. Keep an eye on it though! Marshmallows will brown, then blacken, rather quickly. Pull out and test the chocolate once the marshmallows are the desired color; the chocolate may not have quite melted yet. If this is the case, make sure the oven is turned off, then set the skillet on the top rack again and let the left-over heat melt the chocolate. Once the dip is how you like it, pull it out and set it where everyone can reach it, with graham crackers close by. Now everyone can have a taste of this amazing s'mores dip by scooping it up with a graham cracker!
     I love this recipe, especially since you can add or subtract the amount of ingredients as desired. I hope you try this recipe too, and enjoy it; feel free to leave a comment below, or on Facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With Apologies to Robert Frost

I have a class for school called Speech. This is supposed to help me learn how to stand properly while speaking, pronounce words properly, and so on. The most recent section is on how to give meaning and feeling to a  poem when reading one out loud. My teacher, Mrs. Autrey, has been reciting poems to us as examples, and she uses a variety such as happy poems, sad poems, thoughtful and so on. One of them that caught my attention was a funny remake of the famous poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.   The original is one of my favorite poems, and I have always loved the other poetic works of Robert Frost. Here is the original poem: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening By Robert Frost   Whose woods these are I think I know.    His house is in the village though;    He will not see me stopping here    To watch his woods fill up with snow.    My little horse must think it queer   

Annual Church Picnic 2015

Sorry this post is coming out so late in the day; I am still new to a lot of features on Picasa and spent a lot of time playing with some features on it to make this video. This is just some of the pictures from a church picnic we had on Saturday. If you would like to see the rest of the photos, feel free to check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Iglesia-Bautista-Esperanza-115354441878939/timeline/ .

Monday Munchies: Peanut Butter Blossoms

Today's recipe has a little more work involved than some of my recipes I've shared, but the result is worth the effort. The ingredients for these cookies are as follows: