Skip to main content

Assorted Drawings by Me

The blog post today will be a little different than my others. This is because this post is the last one I am writing before I go to college. It will probably also be my only post before Christmas, because I don't think I will have time to write posts while I am at college. I do not think this will be my last post on this blog; however, there is a certainty that I will be writing fewer posts over longer periods of time. All that being said, I hope you enjoy this post fully and won't mind a little bit of a wait for the next one!
Original, inspired by another water dragon shown below.
Today, I have for you a variety of drawings I have made over the last few weeks, such as the one above. I recently got inspired to draw more (maybe because I am heading to college soon for a design major), so I have been trying to enhance what little bit I do know about drawings skills such as shading and color matching. I drew anything and everything that came to mind, which meant quite a few dragons, since they are my favorite to draw. Some of the designs are my originals, while others will be something I copied free-hand off the internet (meaning, I looked at a drawing and then drew it myself), or a little bit of both. I will mark in the photo caption whether it is original or a copy. As always, don't forget to click the images to enlarge them, and enjoy!
This is a mandala that I printed out and colored in.
Another mandala I printed and colored.
This next sketch is an attempt to have a dragon hanging onto a branch. It ended up rather unique when I tried to make the face and put the teeth in. Oh well.
Original by me.⤴
Google image copied freehand.⤴
I believe this to be a Google image I copied freehand. This is actually a remake of an old drawing I did a while back.⤴
Original, inspired by the PCC Graphic Design page video showing them sketching pyramids.⤴
Original. I thought I would try making a portion of a mandala.⤴
Original.Another mandala I made.⤴
A picture of a full page of drawings, some original and some freehand copies.
Original, but inspired and helped look 3D by online pictures. Particularly I like the spikes in this one.⤴
In this next one, the drawing on the right was an online tutorial on how to draw a dragon with an open mouth, which I followed freehand (seen below). The drawing on the left was me converting the open-mouthed dragon into my own original close-mouthed dragon.
Left, original. Right, copied from tutorial.⤴
The horses were freehand copies off the internet, while the dragon head was my original.⤴
Another freehand copy off the internet.⤴
The horse drawing above inspired the next dragon picture below. It is an original design, but I tried to copy the stance and head placement of the horse. It took a while for me to declare done, maybe an hour of work drawing and coloring overall.
Original, inspired by above horse.⤴
I freehand copied the llama, which August then said looked like llama Kuzco from Emperor's New Groove, so I added a crown.⤴
A freehand copy of a Spiderman logo August liked.⤴
Original. I tried to make a flying dragon, but this is what I got.⤴
Some "tribal" sea turtle drawings. Original.⤴
Original. A tortoise, because my brother loves turtles. I didn't mean to make him look angry 😄⤴
A plesiosaurus, or water dinosaur, I freehand copied per Mom's request. I added the whale tale for a unique touch.
When I drew the dinosaur above, it was a freehand copy, and Mom wanted an original. So, I drew a different one, which is the first photo of the post. I added some landscaping to that one, which included seaweed. I had to look up realistic pictures of seaweed to know what to draw, but the plant I drew is completely original, not a copy of a seaweed off the internet.
Original.⤴
The next photo might be funny for anyone who has watched the "Franklin" TV show. I tried to freehand copy a picture of Franklin off of Google, but I think I accidentally age-progressed him to about 90 years old.
Freehand copied from Google, accidentally age-progressed. Also, a pizza slice.⤴
A sketch of a wolf howling statue Mom wanted me to try. Original.⤴
Inspired by multiple drawings, but original.⤴
I was trying to do crocodile teeth, but it ended up just looking normal. Original.⤴
Freehand copied from Google. This is Smaug's eye from the Hobbit movie. I wanted to blend some colors so I chose this.⤴
Freehand copied from Google. I have always wanted to draw a rose blooming, so I copied freehand a picture off Google. ⤴
Mom loves Winnie the Pooh, so I tried drawing him and some friends. The first Winnie the Pooh
head was a little skinny so I re-did him on the right. ⤴
Well, there you have it! This is what I have been busy with for the last few weeks. I hope you enjoyed looking through these drawings and sketches. If so, please leave a comment below or on Facebook, and I'll try to respond as soon as I see it!
Also, even though I will be at college, doesn't mean I'll stop posting! Check out my Facebook page for any photos or updates I decide to put! https://www.facebook.com/profile

Comments

  1. You are doing very well. Looking forward to seeing all of the interesting projects you complete over the coming months/years in college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    I can hardly believe you are going to college already!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With Apologies to Robert Frost

I have a class for school called Speech. This is supposed to help me learn how to stand properly while speaking, pronounce words properly, and so on. The most recent section is on how to give meaning and feeling to a  poem when reading one out loud. My teacher, Mrs. Autrey, has been reciting poems to us as examples, and she uses a variety such as happy poems, sad poems, thoughtful and so on. One of them that caught my attention was a funny remake of the famous poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.   The original is one of my favorite poems, and I have always loved the other poetic works of Robert Frost. Here is the original poem: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening By Robert Frost   Whose woods these are I think I know.    His house is in the village though;    He will not see me stopping here    To watch his woods fill up with snow.    My little horse must think it queer   

Annual Church Picnic 2015

Sorry this post is coming out so late in the day; I am still new to a lot of features on Picasa and spent a lot of time playing with some features on it to make this video. This is just some of the pictures from a church picnic we had on Saturday. If you would like to see the rest of the photos, feel free to check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Iglesia-Bautista-Esperanza-115354441878939/timeline/ .

Monday Munchies: Peanut Butter Blossoms

Today's recipe has a little more work involved than some of my recipes I've shared, but the result is worth the effort. The ingredients for these cookies are as follows: