Skip to main content

Five Lessons In, Only 165 More To Go!

School started for me on September 8, last Tuesday. I managed to survive that wonderful experience that is the first week of school, and thought, "Why not share the school experience I am having with everyone else?" 


 Actually, school is not that bad, yet. I am in 11th grade this year, so it definitely is not going to be as easy as that peach pie we made the other day, but, I am not taking any super hard courses at least. The classes I am taking this year are: Bible (Jesus and His Followers 1st semester and then Life Management 2nd semester), Business Math, Blogging (for dummies), Read More...

English [Grammar, American Literature and Vocabulary-Spelling-Poetry V], United States History Heritage of Freedom, and Keyboarding/Document Processing. The Bible class and History class are taught by one of our favorite teachers, Pastor McBride. He definitely has strict expectations, but is very funny, and continuously makes class interesting with jokes and illustrations. Mom teaches my blogging class, reading through the book and writing down assignments for me. My business math teacher is the same as last year, Mr. Dickson. He teaches Consumer Math, my math class last year. My English teacher is Mrs. Baker. My brothers and I have never had her before, and I guess she is all right.  All in all, I guess school will be alright this year. At least I'm not taking Precalculus or Physics like my brother, August, is. He said on Friday that he came close to failing his first quiz in pre-Cal. And he's the one who asked to take the class!

So, what are/were your favorite classes in school? What class(es) did you absolutely hate?

Comments

  1. My favorite classes in school were English and Spanish. As far as those that I did not enjoy: anything math or science related! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on not liking math, but the only part of language I really like is Literature reading. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I loved English Literature but, the grammar part...not so much. I loved Math right up till I had to take Algebra. I think my absolute favorite was Chorus....I do love to sing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With Apologies to Robert Frost

I have a class for school called Speech. This is supposed to help me learn how to stand properly while speaking, pronounce words properly, and so on. The most recent section is on how to give meaning and feeling to a  poem when reading one out loud. My teacher, Mrs. Autrey, has been reciting poems to us as examples, and she uses a variety such as happy poems, sad poems, thoughtful and so on. One of them that caught my attention was a funny remake of the famous poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.   The original is one of my favorite poems, and I have always loved the other poetic works of Robert Frost. Here is the original poem: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening By Robert Frost   Whose woods these are I think I know.    His house is in the village though;    He will not see me stopping here    To watch his woods fill up with snow.    My little horse must think it queer   

Annual Church Picnic 2015

Sorry this post is coming out so late in the day; I am still new to a lot of features on Picasa and spent a lot of time playing with some features on it to make this video. This is just some of the pictures from a church picnic we had on Saturday. If you would like to see the rest of the photos, feel free to check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Iglesia-Bautista-Esperanza-115354441878939/timeline/ .

Monday Munchies: Peanut Butter Blossoms

Today's recipe has a little more work involved than some of my recipes I've shared, but the result is worth the effort. The ingredients for these cookies are as follows: