Skip to main content

Monday Manuscription: Copying Handwriting

About a week ago, I wrote a post containing a description of the presents I received for my birthday. Among them was a tablet that lets me draw on the computer much easier. For an example, here is my handwriting using a mouse versus using the tablet pen.
As you can see, I find it much easier to write with the tablet, and my handwriting is pretty atrocious with the mouse. When I described this tablet, I also said that I could copy peoples handwriting. So today I want to show you this as well. For this, what I did was I had each of my
parents write down part of a verse (Psalm 118:24) on a piece of paper in their cursive handwriting. Then, I went back with the tablet pen and copied it. Here they are, but make sure to click the images to enlarge them.
 
My Mom's handwriting is on the top, and my copy on the bottom.









My Dad's cursive is on the top, and my copy on the bottom.
What I figured out from this is that my Mom's handwriting is actually easier to trace than my Dad's cursive. By the way, I say "my Dad's cursive" instead of "my Dad's handwriting" because he usually writes in some form of print, but I figured cursive is easier to trace. I thought tracing their handwriting was interesting, because I have tried writing like my Mom before, and found it really hard to copy freehand. In other news for the tablet, I have another picture trace that my brother requested. I was drawing with my tablet one day, and showed him a picture of a dragon in a shell that I copied off the internet. So, he told me to find a turtle picture and copy it. Here it is:
The original is on the top, my freehand drawing on the bottom.
I both traced and free-handed the turtle, but the program for tracing shut down and I lost that one. However, I was actually really impressed with myself ;) in drawing the turtle free-hand. What I liked the most was the turtle head shape. I have tried drawing turtles and other animals before, and the head shape is what always messes me up. In other words, the tablet is doing its job and helping me with my drawing skills! I hope to continue to practice and become better at drawing with this tablet.
I hope you enjoyed this post, and leave any comments below or on Facebook.

Comments

  1. I really like the free-hand turtle drawing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

With Apologies to Robert Frost

I have a class for school called Speech. This is supposed to help me learn how to stand properly while speaking, pronounce words properly, and so on. The most recent section is on how to give meaning and feeling to a  poem when reading one out loud. My teacher, Mrs. Autrey, has been reciting poems to us as examples, and she uses a variety such as happy poems, sad poems, thoughtful and so on. One of them that caught my attention was a funny remake of the famous poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.   The original is one of my favorite poems, and I have always loved the other poetic works of Robert Frost. Here is the original poem: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening By Robert Frost   Whose woods these are I think I know.    His house is in the village though;    He will not see me stopping here    To watch his woods fill up with snow.    My little horse must think it queer   

Annual Church Picnic 2015

Sorry this post is coming out so late in the day; I am still new to a lot of features on Picasa and spent a lot of time playing with some features on it to make this video. This is just some of the pictures from a church picnic we had on Saturday. If you would like to see the rest of the photos, feel free to check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Iglesia-Bautista-Esperanza-115354441878939/timeline/ .

Monday Munchies: Peanut Butter Blossoms

Today's recipe has a little more work involved than some of my recipes I've shared, but the result is worth the effort. The ingredients for these cookies are as follows: