Skip to main content

School is Here!

     I know a few weeks ago I said I would be putting out another post on the horse poster I am coloring, but I did not get as far along as I would have liked, and will thus wait to post more pictures of it until that point.
     As everyone probably knows, school started in the last few weeks. Although I started later than most other school students, I did start school last Tuesday.
Click Image to Enlarge.
          And I do say "I," because sadly I am no longer joined in my studies by August or Braden. I am alone in my last year of high school, 12th grade. Even sadder than the fact that
my brothers do not get to join in my "torture" are the classes I was left with for my last year. While I do enjoy some of the classes, like "Old Testament: Genesis," I severely dislike others, like "Algebra 2" and "Document Processing."
          Back to the beginning, however. Same as I did last year, I thought I would give you a brief overview of my classes and teachers this year of school. We will go down the list of books as shown in the above pictures (mostly). First off, as was mentioned above, I have "Old Testament: Genesis." This is a one semester class focusing on the Bible book of Genesis and is taught by my favorite teacher, Mr. McBride. The second semester for this class is on "Revelation."
          Next, I have Algebra 2. Not much to say about this class, other than I simply do not like math. I have two books for the class: a very thin "practice problems" book for review of simple math concepts, and an Algebra 2 book the same size as my literature book. I have a new teacher, Mr. Ashworth,who loves math himself and tries to imbue that love of math into his students. He is a pretty good teacher as he is fairly upbeat and not a monotone teacher.
         The third class would be a combination of three subjects: language, literature, and spelling. I am taking basically the same Language class as last year, because each year it only adds on a few new concepts or reports. The literature is English literature, and the spelling is also basically the same as last year. The difference this year is that there is no spelling words, just vocabulary.
          My fourth class has two parts: American Government (1st semester) and Economics (2nd semester), taught by Mr. Zila. He also is a new teacher, and can be a little monotone. So far, however, it has been alright. I might share some of my history book with you in their own blog posts throughout the school year.
          The last of the ABeka classes, and probably my least favorite, is Document Processing. This is taught by my old Keyboarding teacher Dr. Marion, and even uses a different part of the same textbook as Keyboarding. The difference is this class focuses more on making documents like resumes and cover letters, etc. rather than on keying technique. Document Processing is the first semester class, and the second semester class will be Speech. I have a feeling I will like this class even less than my current one.
           Other than that, the last class I take, my "Chemistry" class, is the Alton Brown cookbook my Mom makes lessons from. This is probably my favorite class, especially the lab portion (i.e. practicing cooking new recipes).
           So, there is my school year! I have now completed 5 lessons of the ABeka classes (more of the Alton class) and thus only have 165 lessons left!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With Apologies to Robert Frost

I have a class for school called Speech. This is supposed to help me learn how to stand properly while speaking, pronounce words properly, and so on. The most recent section is on how to give meaning and feeling to a  poem when reading one out loud. My teacher, Mrs. Autrey, has been reciting poems to us as examples, and she uses a variety such as happy poems, sad poems, thoughtful and so on. One of them that caught my attention was a funny remake of the famous poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost.   The original is one of my favorite poems, and I have always loved the other poetic works of Robert Frost. Here is the original poem: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening By Robert Frost   Whose woods these are I think I know.    His house is in the village though;    He will not see me stopping here    To watch his woods fill up with snow.    My little horse must think it queer   

Annual Church Picnic 2015

Sorry this post is coming out so late in the day; I am still new to a lot of features on Picasa and spent a lot of time playing with some features on it to make this video. This is just some of the pictures from a church picnic we had on Saturday. If you would like to see the rest of the photos, feel free to check them out at https://www.facebook.com/Iglesia-Bautista-Esperanza-115354441878939/timeline/ .

Monday Munchies: Peanut Butter Blossoms

Today's recipe has a little more work involved than some of my recipes I've shared, but the result is worth the effort. The ingredients for these cookies are as follows: